On September 12, 2013, the US will celebrate their inaugural “Freedom Day USA.”
A national event initiated by Dr. Robert Martino, a dentist from West Virginia, the idea is to provide products and services at no charge to active military and veterans as the largest “thank you” movement for the sacrifices they make in the defense of our freedom and way of life.
The organizers of the event are asking businesses to donate something at no charge to military and their families for one day only and advertise this to the military. Suggestions range from a free massage, free meal, free oil change to a free motivational or educational seminar or concert to free teeth cleanings. (You can visit FreedomDayUSA.org if you’d like to participate.)
The ability to start and operate your own business…and affect your economic freedom is one of the many freedoms our military protects. That this is just one of the things they fight for got me thinking how freedom means many different things to different people.
What does freedom mean to you?
Here are a few answers I received from business owners:
- Freedom of lifestyle—to be able to travel or be away when I want to and at home with my family when I want to.
- Independence from a boss breathing down my neck and controlling what I do.
- Liberation from “3:00 AM night sweats” worrying about having enough clients or money.
- Creating income even when I’m not working so I can take a month off if I want.
Regardless of your definition of freedom, the fact is that we do have the freedom to make choices and take actions to make our lives the way we want it to be—something many people don’t have. Today I want to give you six things you can do to have more freedom in your business and life.
- Replace manual labor by leveraging what you know. Whether you are selling products or services, you get paid by what you produce. Create products that leverage what you know so you can create a product once and be done. This not only replaces the manual labor of having to physically repeat what you are doing, but it eliminates the hassles and liabilities that come with hiring employees to increase production or training staff to handle client overflow.
- Make yourself an obvious expert. Books, e-books, webinars, tele-seminars, video series, speaking are all examples of methods you can use to position yourself as the expert. People who buy these information products are much more likely to hire you to perform services than any other customer you market to. That’s because having your own published information makes you the obvious expert.
- Make it easy for people to buy your products. Set up your business so that people can purchase products from you 24/7 without interaction from you. One of the advantages of having your business set up this way is that you never have to speak to buyers if you don’t want to. This frees up your time to do other things such as spending time with your family and friends or travelling the world.
- Streamline your operation. You’ve heard Dan Kennedy talk about the issues he had with employees. And we’ve even invited speakers to talk to you about how to hire and manage employees. But the truth is, employees can cause “night sweats” and issues whether it’s from quitting and taking your customers with them or problems with inconsistency in delivery.Designing your business to operate with only as many employees as necessary will help you gain freedom. Automation when possible is another way to eliminate hassles and streamline your business. For example, a great source of automation for GKIC has been to use Infusionsoft.You might also follow the lead of business owners like coach for women entrepreneurs Ali Brown who has five virtual employees that work from their own homes. This eliminates the costs associated with having an office and doesn’t require you to work set hours.
- If you’re just starting out, choose a business which only requires a small investment. Fancy offices, furniture, multiple computers, special licenses or a special education, franchise fees, etc. can all cost a lot of money. Choose a business that has high profit potential, but doesn’t require a lot of money to get started. For example, Gene Kelly was a law enforcement officer turned salesman turned manufacturing company business owner who ended up dead broke. He created a template with instructions on how to turn junk into something you want. He then placed a small ad to sell it in a trade magazine. That few hundred dollars to run the ad and create the inexpensive information product turned into over $1 million dollars.A business which can be operated from your home will also cut down on expenses, plus the convenience can create a lot of independence since you can work from anywhere—even if you are traveling the world.
- Identify a “starving crowd.” Too many business owners create products or services first and then try to locate customers who want their product or service. Marketing extraordinaire Gary Halbert once told a roomful of people, “I could operate a super successful restaurant if I had only one thing.” After participants guessed things like a great location, the best menu, low prices, a great sales letter… Gary said the only thing he’d need was “a starving crowd.” Do market research to find a market of “starving people” who need your help, are frustrated and looking for a solution and desperately need what you have to offer.
Take an active role in securing more freedom for yourself by putting as many of these methods into your business plan as possible. When you do, you’ll eliminate worry, reduce your costs both in time and money, and make more money than you thought possible while allowing you the independence to work when and where you choose.
What’s HOT at GKIC: In the spirit of offering something free, we are offering a FREE REPLAY of the video training Dave Dee did yesterday that will show you how to take the talents you already have and set up a business model that incorporates all of the freedom methods in today’s post so that you can earn automatic income and liberate your lifestyle.
Some have asked what we are selling at the end of this video. The answer is nothing. This is free, valuable training that contains ALL content and NO selling. Get the replay FREE replay here…Click Here Now.
P.S. – Get “The 10 Rules to Transforming Your Small Business into an Infinitely More Powerful Direct Response Marketing Business” for FREE. Click here to claim your customer-getting, sales-boosting tactics.