As you begin the year, we wish you growth, prosperity and autonomy…and hope you have your best year yet.
Yesterday Darcy gave you five things to do to get ready for 2014. (If you missed it, read 5 Things To Do Right Now That Will Make 2014 Your Best Year Yet here.) Today, I’ll list five things that will specifically help you meet your income goals for 2014.
1) Pick your biggest wins. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with ideas and strategies you want to implement. Instead of attempting everything, becoming overwhelmed and paralyzed and completing nothing, pick one or two ideas that will give you the biggest wins. Give yourself a deadline to complete them. Then pick two more. For example, perhaps adding a follow-up sequence to a sales letter that is converting will give you the biggest win right now. Make your single focus to get that follow-up sequence in place in the next week. Then move on to your next big idea.
2) Improve your copy. People often wonder what Dan Kennedy does to justify fees of $100,000 to write a sales letter or ad campaign. The answer is simply that words matter and he’s very good at picking and combining words that sell. Dan says, “It’s absolutely true that how you say it is as important as what you are saying.” (If you are thinking of hiring a copywriter to help you with this, be sure to read our FREE report, “The 7 Key Questions That Every Copywriter You Hire MUST Be Able To Answer To Write Killer Direct Response Copy and Create Marketing Campaigns That Will Outsell The Pants Off Your Competition”, to ensure you don’t waste your precious marketing dollars on bad copy.)
3) Add another stream of income. Back in the 1950’s a family could survive on one income. Today, many families require two incomes. And if one income is lost, they quickly face financial hardship. The wealthiest people I know have more than one source of income flowing in. That way if one stream isn’t doing well, another source will make up the difference. The best way we know how to do this here at GKIC is to add information marketing to your existing business. Focus in on a niche or sub-culture where your audience is already narrowed. This way your price point can be higher. (A good place to start is by watching the free training video and getting the quick start-up guide from the Information Marketing Association here.)
4) Raise your prices. Make more money this year simply by raising your prices for the same products and services you already offer. Not only will you make more price per unit sold, in some cases price tests show that a higher price will actually cause higher response. (See chapter 7 in No B.S. Price Strategy.) Use the pricing strategies and secrets in Price Elasticity Online Training to extract the maximum price for your products and services and raise your prices with little or no price resistance.
5) Write a book. Writing a book positions you as an expert. (Tweet this!) This gives you a huge edge over your competitors who have not written a book. Plus as an expert, you can charge more for your products and services.
Doing one of these this year will increase your income. Doing all of them could be life-changing. What do you plan to do in your business this year to raise your income? Let us know in the comments below so we can help provide you the information you need to succeed.
P.S. – Get “The 10 Rules to Transforming Your Small Business into an Infinitely More Powerful Direct Response Marketing Business” for FREE. Click here to claim your customer-getting, sales-boosting tactics.