There’s a certain mindset in direct response marketing folks. We are very results oriented. We find it very difficult to just go out for a drive or go to the mall just to hang out and browse – we want a definite destination and at least an estimated time of arrival and we go to the mall to find and buy something.
Most direct response marketers can’t watch a sports telecast unless they’ve wagered on the game nor play golf, cards or cribbage but for money. In short we want to KNOW if we have won. We want to KNOW if we have accomplished an aim.
While this tendency gets in the way of a friendly game night, it is extremely useful in avoiding the vagueness the permeates most small business owners marketing strategies. The chief way we avoid this vagueness is through strict adherence to a set of proven, money-making rules.
There are 10 customer-getting, sales-boosting tactics that if you LIVE by them, you can find success in your small business and your marketing activities.
1. There will always be an offer or offers
2. There will be a reason to respond right now
3. You will give clear instructions
4. There will be tracking, measurement and accountability
5. Any brand building that occurs will be a happy by-product of your marketing
6. There will be follow-up
7. There will be strong copy
8. It will look like “mail order” advertising
9. Results rule. PERIOD. (Tweet this!)
10. You will be a tough minded disciplinarian and put your business on a strict direct marketing diet
P.S.– Get “The 10 Rules to Transforming Your Small Business into an Infinitely More Powerful Direct Response Marketing Business” for FREE. Click here to claim your customer-getting, sales-boosting tactics.