Ah spring! For most GKIC people, spring can never come soon enough.
While listening to a recent weather forecast they mentioned spring was off to a warm start in some places even though “winter” storms continued to linger in others, I couldn’t help but think about the similarity to business forecasts.
Some businesses are off to a great start. Their spring looks to be profitable and right on target with their goals.
Some are still stranded…sitting exactly where they were at that beginning of winter…at a complete standstill.
Some are in a slow transition and will continue to fight off significant set-backs, with some progress being made.
What is your business spring forecast?
If you want to stop struggling and keep your business steadily heating up, there are five things your marketing must do:
1) Project the most powerful, persuasive, intriguing, compelling, fascinating message possible. Is your message ordinary or similar to others in your market? Is it plain vanilla? Easily ignored? Just about the facts?
Your message must stand out or it will too easily be ignored and forgotten. If your product or service is widely available and your message reflects it then you are greatly reducing your profits.
Worse yet, if your message is all about offering the lowest price, you will never be in a winning position or build loyal customers.
Spend time on this. Differentiating your business is a key component to success, while not doing so is a big reason for ongoing failures.
2) Convey a clear message to a specific target audience. Are you vague in your messaging? Do you try and make your product or service for just anyone? Or do you have a specific target that you’ve defined in your marketing?
If you are trying to market to everyone, you are weakening your marketing power. Concentrating on a specific population will increase your marketing fire power and will be much more likely to be heard—even if that means excluding a portion of the population.
3) Reach the people most likely to buy from you. Are you using media that gets in front of your target audience? Or are you using media that everyone else is using or that was pushed in front of you by a salesperson?
Now that you know who you are marketing to, you need to figure out where they are and how to get your message in front of them. Different types of media work best for different types of businesses and different target markets at different types. Invest wisely in the most appropriate media that will deliver your message to your chosen target market.
4) Be effective and efficient. How do you choose your marketing approach? Do you copy what others in your niche are doing? Do you do what is the easiest for you to implement? Do you use what is the least expensive?
Contrary to what you may think, using a certain form of marketing because it is easier to implement or cheaper to use does not necessarily make it the most effective or efficient. In fact, sometimes cheap advertising actually ends up being more expensive because it produces no results.
Choose your marketing because it is effective and proven to get results with your target market. Try different things to see which reliably bring in the best results.
5) Be measurable. Do you know if your marketing is producing results? Or are you guessing? Or, are you carrying around an opinion about certain marketing tactics that are not verified by fact?
As a small business owner, you don’t have money to waste. If you don’t know if your marketing is giving you a return on your investment, you need to find out—IMMEDIATELY.
And remember, if you choose not to use a certain media because you are guessing it won’t work or think it’s too expensive… you could be missing a big opportunity that could have a major impact on your bottom line.
Keep on the same marketing path and you’re bound to weather many business storms. However, doing these five things won’t just boost profits for the spring…they’ll keep your business hot all year round.
NOTE: Don’t forget SuperConference 2016 is just around the corner! If you want to discover how to build a royal flush business, put your lead generation on steroids, conversion into overdrive and exponentially increase the value of your customers, clients or patients, then it’s important that you attend! If you haven’t registered yet time is running out! Click here to register now…