The Marketing Assistant for GKIC will be an integral member of the Marketing team with responsibilities centered around assisting with all the GKIC Member and Product marketing. You will be a natural leader who is eager to join a busy marketing team and make an impact early in your career. This position will also have a strong emphasis on social media and community management.
- Assist in deploying Marketing emails to support product, product launches and events.
- Manage Blog Posts & miscellaneous projects.
- Build and curate high quality, relevant content for all channels that will foster user engagement. This includes content for both online platforms and social channels.
- Moderate community by commenting, editing, and deleting any inappropriate posts.
- Interact with users, answering questions and appropriately engaging in discussion and troubleshooting efforts.
- Develop weekly content schedules.
- Identify top influencers within the communities.
- Analyze and report on content performance against key metrics, identifying areas of improvement and optimization.
- Provide insight and support to new business opportunities for these platforms.
- The candidate must have a deep knowledge of social media technologies, platforms and services (including YouTube, Twitter, Flicker, Facebook, Facebook Ads, Instagram, Google+, forums, wikis, blogs and more).
- Ability to report on social media metrics.
- Ability to remain energetic and positive in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for copywriting and proofing
- Strong project management skills
- Thrives on attention to detail, setting goals, delivering results
- Natural leader with an analytic mind
- A strong understanding of social tools and online platforms
- WordPress and Infusionsoft experience a plus
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with marketing automation software (i.e. Marketo, Infusionsoft etc.)
- Experience in membership-based organizations and/or working with small business owners is a plus
- Located near O’Hare Airport, steps from the Blue Line
- Local candidates only
- Principals only: Recruiter’s please do not reply
- Send resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org